Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Baci di Dama - Lady's Kisses

Intrigued by a post on David Lebovitz's food blog I tried out Baci di Dama - Lady's kisses and have since added them to my list of favorite holiday cookies. The recipe mentioned in the post is by Terresa Murphy of La Cucina di Terresa.




Baci di Dama originate from the Piemonte region of northwestern Italy, an area surrounded on three sides by the Alps. Its capital, Torino, is known for its chocolate and hazelnuts which are considered to be among the best in the world.

Baci di Dama are two small hazelnut cookies held together by a layer of dark chocolate.
I used all-purpose flour and bittersweet chocolate when I made them a couple of weeks ago. They are truly delicious. I keep them in a cookie tin in the refrigerator so that the chocolate doesn't get soft.


Baci di Dama as part of my Holiday Tea offering

No comments:

Post a Comment