1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp dried yeast
12 oz warm water
3 tbsp olive oil
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 small yellow onion chopped
coarse salt and rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Warm up 12 oz of water and add 3 tbsp olive oil. Mix 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp dried yeast and add to water. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, salt and chopped onion. Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and knead until smooth.
- Oil a large bowl, add dough and brush some olive oil over the dough. Cover and let rise until double in size.
- Line baking sheet with baking paper and brush lightly with olive oil. Gently punch down dough and place on a baking sheet. Flatten dough, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt and rosemary. Let rise again for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Bake at 375° F for 20 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm.