Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

French Meringue with White Chocolate and Raspberry Puree Filling

I am always on the lookout for unusual and sophisticated recipes, especially when it comes to baking. Having grown up in Europe I prefer the European style of pastries and desserts. While browsing through The Shaggy Ram, an interior design store in Middleburg, VA, I came across a nice selection of unusual travel and entertaining books. One of them in particular caught my attention - Sweet Paris by Michael Paul is a tribute to Parisian pastries and desserts. Michael Paul's collection of recipes and his stunning photography make this a truly amazing book. Looking at his beautiful photos you can just imagine yourself ordering a Chausson aux Pommes and a steaming pot of tea in one of the many excellent cafes and tea houses in Paris.

I couldn't resist and bought a copy for myself. Last week I tried his Meringues Modernes which are two meringues sandwiched together with a white chocolate and raspberry puree filling - delicious and pretty to look at just in time for Valentine's Day.






No comments:

Post a Comment