Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Peach Scones

I am a passionate tea drinker and love pairing different kinds of tea with various teatime treats. Scones are one of my favorites - I am always on the lookout for new recipes. While reading "Sweet Tea Revenge", the latest case in Laura Childs' Tea Shop Mystery series, I came across the following recipe for peach scones. Since this is peach season, I used unpeeled, fresh peaches which I diced.

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp baking powder
6 tbsp butter
2 eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup fresh or canned peaches, diced


  • Preheat oven to 375 F.
  • Mix first five ingredients in a large bowl. Cut butter into dry ingredients using a pastry cutter.
  • Mix eggs, sour cream and almond extract in a small bowl and add to flour and butter mixture.
  • Gently fold in diced peaches.
  • Line baking sheet with baking paper and drop roughly 3 tbsp of scone mixture on baking sheet spacing scones one inch apart.  Bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly brown.
  • Depending on size, you will get about 12-16 scones.
I baked mine in a convection oven for 18 minutes as I like them a little darker. These scones are delicious and best eaten the same day.




Source: Sweet Tea Revenge - a Tea Shop Mystery by Laura Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment