2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp baking powder
6 tbsp butter
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup fresh or canned peaches, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix first five ingredients in a large bowl. Cut butter into dry ingredients using a pastry cutter.
- Mix eggs, sour cream and almond extract in a small bowl and add to flour and butter mixture.
- Gently fold in diced peaches.
- Line baking sheet with baking paper and drop roughly 3 tbsp of scone mixture on baking sheet spacing scones one inch apart. Bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly brown.
- Depending on size, you will get about 12-16 scones.
Source: Sweet Tea Revenge - a Tea Shop Mystery by Laura Childs