4-5 medium heirloom tomatoes
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 English hothouse cucumber
1 small red onion
1 tsp drained capers
three slices of sourdough bread
Olive oil, balsamico, salt and pepper
fresh basil leaves to taste
- Cut tomatoes and peppers into chunks. Peel, quarter and seed cucumber. Cut into chunks as well.
- Dice enough red onion to make 4 tbsp.
- Mix vegetables and drained capers in salad bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamico, salt and freshly ground pepper, and pour over salad.
- Cut sourdough bread into cubes, place on a baking sheet and toast lightly at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Tear up basil leaves and gently fold with bread cubes into salad.
Serves 3-4 as a light meal.